Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sometimes that's what I'd like to say to people I come in contact with... pretend I'm from another planet and don't have any knowledge of what you're taking about... start at the very beginning... 'cuz really, I'm not from around here.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Here's Brenna's http://family.go.com/santas-list/video/131834-celtickendra/
Here's Darian's http://family.go.com/santas-list/video/131788-celtickendra/
You can send your picture to Santa and see which list you've made this year too.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I am thankful beyond words, and amzingly blessed, to discover that although I may be far away, I'm still surrounded and supported by friends. There are still many hand offered to celebrate the good with us, or hold our hands through the difficult. God is good.
Thanks to all the friends who shared in the excitement with us when Brenna was elected female School President for next school year! Yes, I am extremely proud of her! And thankful that she can see so many other excited for her achievement as well.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Now, in a odd twist, the words have changed. I'm still speaking English, my native tongue, but it's not all the same. I recently had a chat w/ my daughter on the walk home from school. She rattled off some of the highlights of her day. I responded with a confused look. :-/ She quickly 'translated' the Aussie speak that she had quickly incorporated into her vocabulary. Obviously, I'm not there yet.
It's rather strange to know what I want to say, and not have the right words to say it. Well, I suppose that's not too strange after all. ;-)
Friday, December 4, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Although we no longer live close to many of friends and family, I still get those unexpected, just-at-the-right-time encouragments. But instead of a smile, a hug, or a kind word, they come in the form of a facebook post, an email, or a bit of mail.
God has been good to me, by the friends and family I'm blessed with and their kind and caring hearts. Thank you, God. And, thank you, dear, sweet friends... each and every one of you.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
So here's a new weekly addition (i hope) to my blog... Tuesday's tangent... allowing you, my dear (but few) readers, to go on a random tangent w/ me. (it is quite an honour, i know).
Monday, November 30, 2009
And then, on to the turkey...
Despite the fact that the high for the day was in the 80's, I just had to cook a turkey for our first Thanksgiving in Oz... with all the trimmings. Looking back, that might not have been the brightest idea, but it did make for a memorable day! Thankfully, I was able to find oven bags, just not jumbo turkey sized ones. So a couple adjustments had to be made. But I was able to find some important elements like jellied cranberry sauce and close-enough spinich dip ingredients.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
These pics are just for fun... 'cuz everyone loves to play in the rain!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- *I had my first-ever suprise party!! I was so surprised, i forgot to take any pics. But it was fabulous. Shawn arranged it and i didn't have a clue. Well done, love!
- The very next week, Darian was in the hospital unable to eat with a tube down his nose draining his stomach, and awaiting to hear if surgery was needed. Thankfully, his intestines fixed themselves and he was out within a week.
- As a team, we participated in the Wollongong Relay for Life. Thanks to Shawn for organizing a team and Del for joining us for the event!
- We experienced our first ever dust storm! Darian woke up to a red/orange sky. It was quite eerie. And dust covered every surface of everything. eek!
- We enjoyed several visitors from around the state, as well as a few from the US. So glad to see so many loved faces and new friends.
- We've had some wonderful dinners and gatherings with some dear Aussie friends, both in homes and at community events. They're so dear to me and are always there to offer a friendly explanation. :-)
- The kids have joined a surf life saving club where they can learn about safety in the ocean and develop water skills and friendships.
- We've welcomed a new team member, Noah Kai Whaley.
- We're getting to know our neighbors and people around the communtity (schools, shops, clubs).
- And we've been granted our visa! We feel like we've been waiting a long time for it. So, now I'm focused on finding a job.
Whew! now you're all caught up (though, i'm sure i've forgotten something). Hope it won't be so long next time. ;-) Maybe you can hear some of my thoughts and insights (or ponderings) soon.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
A day with the family on the rocky shore on Shellharbour. It was a cooler winter day and the waves were lovely to watch coming in. God's creation is amazing to observe. I'm often aware of it here. For I while I watched Shawn and Brenna out on the edge. Very cool.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Oh, and we drove around to look at potential rental properties. We've seen quite a few already and are working on an application for a couple. But, there's still some good possibilities out there. (The rental market here's a bit crazy. The leasing agent schedules an 'inspection' which is like an open house of the property (sometimes w/ the current tenant still there). Then those who are interested come for a look-see. There are usually between 5 and 20 interested parties, sometimes even more. And, they're all interested in the same properties. Several (we've hear of 27!) apply and the ones who pass the agent's approval get shown to the landlord who makes the final decision about who gets to rent the place. hmm....) I'll keep ya posted about how that goes. :-)
Thankfully, we've got a great place to stay while we're searching. :-D
pictures coming soon....
Saturday, May 16, 2009