- *I had my first-ever suprise party!! I was so surprised, i forgot to take any pics. But it was fabulous. Shawn arranged it and i didn't have a clue. Well done, love!
- The very next week, Darian was in the hospital unable to eat with a tube down his nose draining his stomach, and awaiting to hear if surgery was needed. Thankfully, his intestines fixed themselves and he was out within a week.
- As a team, we participated in the Wollongong Relay for Life. Thanks to Shawn for organizing a team and Del for joining us for the event!
- We experienced our first ever dust storm! Darian woke up to a red/orange sky. It was quite eerie. And dust covered every surface of everything. eek!
- We enjoyed several visitors from around the state, as well as a few from the US. So glad to see so many loved faces and new friends.
- We've had some wonderful dinners and gatherings with some dear Aussie friends, both in homes and at community events. They're so dear to me and are always there to offer a friendly explanation. :-)
- The kids have joined a surf life saving club where they can learn about safety in the ocean and develop water skills and friendships.
- We've welcomed a new team member, Noah Kai Whaley.
- We're getting to know our neighbors and people around the communtity (schools, shops, clubs).
- And we've been granted our visa! We feel like we've been waiting a long time for it. So, now I'm focused on finding a job.
Whew! now you're all caught up (though, i'm sure i've forgotten something). Hope it won't be so long next time. ;-) Maybe you can hear some of my thoughts and insights (or ponderings) soon.