Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Anyone like a Cuppa?

Recently, we invited some friends over for dinner.  They couldn't come by for dinner, so these friends said they'd stop by earlier for tea.

Like any calm, reasonable adult I thought, "WHAT??  What am I suppose to do with that??" 

Americans don't do "afternoon tea" (or morning or evening tea for that matter)! We don't even know there's a difference between afternoon and evening tea.  Needless to say, I was feeling a little lost...

Thankfully, I managed to pull myself together.  Even more thankfully, the friends stopping by were gracious. Very gracious.  We had tea.  And, if I didn't do it properly, they never mentioned it.  We enjoyed our tea with a lovely cake they brought along, chatted, and had a great time together.  But I felt way out of my element.

This makes me think that oftentimes it's more the effort we make, than actually doing something "just right". 

Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. ;-)

No comments: