Sunday, January 3, 2010

Is it cloudy in here?

Do you ever have a moment where you feel like you can see again?  but maybe you didn't even know things were cloudy?  And in that moment you think, "oh yeah, I knew that"... so it's kinda like an epiphany, but not new...

Yesterday I had one... during our team worship, we were looking at 1 Peter 1:3-9.  (Thanks, Corey) It's neat to me that although we all read/heard the same section, there were several different views.  And not oddly, what struck me was different than what others brought up.

That is, until Shawn mentioned the idea... in contrast to how i was viewing it.  (and again, that's not odd.  I like that we have different views)

So, how 'bout you...  what strikes you in those verses?  I'd love to hear.
(and I'll share in my thoughts in my next post, but I don't want to make this one too long)

1 comment:

CBradsher said...

Hi Kendra, When I read this passage, I am always made aware that not only do we get unexplainable peace, inexpressible and glorious joy on this earth because of our faith but that some day our inheritance will consist of all of this and more- but never-ending. My reason to rejoice as I walk through the refiners fire! Charlotte