Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday - sunhats and aloe

The sun is hot in Australia.  They say (no, i don't really know who 'they' are, but they do say!) that the sun's rays/effects are stronger here than in the states.  You really can't go outside without one of my new best friends, sun block. 

But I now have a couple new friends this summer.  The first is 'Ms. Sunhat'.  I had no idea there were so many styles of hats, nor that some had better SPF ratings than others.  My new sunhat has a 50+ SPF rating.  (no idea what that exactly means, but bigger is better!)  AND it's cute!  I'm not a hat person.  My sister is, she looks cute in any type of hat, but me, not so much.  So finding a hat that looks cute on me, is a big plus! 

Here's the big news...  my friend Ms. Sunhat doesn't work, if i don't wear it.  Who would have guessed??  But, wearing hats in the hot sun is... well, it's hot...  and i'm not fond of hot.  hmmm....

Which brings me to my second friend... aloe!  He comes to the rescue when I neglect my first friend.  Isn't that sweet of him?  ;-) 

So, I'm working on building my connection w/ Ms. Sunhat, trying to spend more and more time w/ her... and reconnecting w/ Mr. Aloe, who is a very steady and helpful guy.  Hopefully, I won't need to rely on him much in the future.


Brenna's wearing her cute sunhat...  guess i misplaced mine
(really, it was so hot, i don't know how anyone kept a hat on! ugh!)


Shawn and his sunhat... where did mine go??
Both pics take on Australia Day while we were in Wollongong enjoying the festivities.

~~~~~~
~~~

1 comment:

Jane Morgan said...

I hope you get acquainted quickly with your sunhat... and there are several hats your sister looks silly in... I've seen them.

Thanks for the smiles... be kind to your new and faithful friends... ;)